Dr. Brett Hightower
Let me introduce you to our Midtown Physicians.
Dr. Brett Hightower and Dr. George Tyler both call Midtown home. They operate different businesses who share space under the Midtown name. Both practice the art of drugless medicine but they are sometimes different in their approaches. This allows each physician to develop their expertise and passion independently. It also allows you to have maximum flexibility in choosing the schedule and the physician that works best for you. This allows us to keep the office open longer hours for you.
Raleigh NC Chiropractor : Dr. Brett Hightower of Midtown Chiropractic & Acupuncture in Raleigh
My Journey to becoming a physician:
I became interested in wellness care and in the field of natural medicine in 1983 while working at a small hospital in the mountains of North Carolina. While there I realized that I was surrounded by sick people. The doctors, the nurses and certainly the patients were not in good health. I decided that I wanted to study disease from a different perspective. I wanted to study function rather than dysfunction. This was not as easy as I had imagined. Wellness care and holistic medicine were just starting to enter the national conversation. My studies first lead me to field of Neuro-linguistic programming, which focuses on psychological models of wellness and the techniques of great communicators. This piqued my interest in natural healing methods and my studies soon lead me to Hawaii. In Hawaii I was exposed to alternative approaches to healing. The more I studied, the more I realized how much there is that we don't fully understand. There are different ways to look at the body..chemically, electrically, mechanically....each has its place. The key to fixing problems is to find the best treatment..chiropractic, acupuncture, laser therapy or subtle energy healing...that best addresses your particular problem.
Chiropractic and acupuncture both work with the management of bio-energy, the source of our vitality, so that is where I turned my attention. I continued to search for safe, effective drug-less methods to improve health. This passion for helping people regain their health is what drives my professional life. My understanding to the role of respect and intent in the doctor/patient relationship mandates that the golden rule guides my practice. You will find no sales pitches or contracts to sign at Midtown Chiropractic.
I hope to have the chance to meet you and help you understand how the services we offer at Midtown Chiropractic & Acupuncture can help you reduce pain, feel better and live a healthier life.
- Graduated Appalachian State University with B.S. in Chemistry 1983
- Worked as a chemist at NC State Department of Poultry Science 1983, 1984
- Certified Practitioner Neuro-linguistic Programming in 1985
- Certified Master Practitioner Neuro-linguistic Programming in 1986
- Moved to Hawaii with immersion into Natural Healing Methods 1987
- Enrolled In Life University 1989
- President Interstate North Toastmasters, Mariette, GA 1992-1993
- Graduated Life University with Doctorate in Chiropractic Magna Cum Laude 1993
- Taught Radiation Physics and Advanced Diagnostic Imaging At Life University 1993,1994
- Opened in Private Practice 1994
- Certified in Acupuncture from Acupuncture Society of America 1997
- Speaker at UNC neurology Department seminar series on the Laser applications for fibromyalgia 2000
- Introduced to the Academic Approach to Painting 2001
- Acquired the Midtown name and moved into current office 2012
- President North Raleigh Swim Club 2008-2012
- Sponsor of the annual Midtown Chiropractic Raleigh Disc Golf Championship 2007 to present