It is important that you understand your problem and why we are using the tools we are using to help you heal. The more you understand about your body and about what is not working that is causing you pain, the better you will be at keeping it from happening again.
We have provided some links to some great chiropractic, acupuncture and laser videos. Take a look at them, watch them with your friends and family. Refer to them as issues arise and let us know if you have any unanswered questions.
A neurological examination is sometimes performed to determine if any part of your body has incurred damage to its central nervous system. Many health problems have been associated with nerve damage, and such, this exam can significantly improve the chances of making a thorough diagnosis.
A neurological exam involves a thorough exploration of the body's arms, legs, and trunk.
If you have a neurological exam, your chiropractor may look for signs of:
- Bowel or bladder problems.
- Gait problems (walking, running, climbing stairs, etc.).
- Muscle spasms or twitching.
- Numbness, tingling, or pain and whether changing positions relieves those symptoms.
- Problems with balance.
- Weakened muscle strength and tone.
- Weakened reflexes (a sign of possible damage to the spinal cord, nerves, or muscles.
- Weakness (consistent or intermittent) in your arms or legs.