It is important that you understand your problem and why we are using the tools we are using to help you heal. The more you understand about your body and about what is not working that is causing you pain, the better you will be at keeping it from happening again.
We have provided some links to some great chiropractic, acupuncture and laser videos. Take a look at them, watch them with your friends and family. Refer to them as issues arise and let us know if you have any unanswered questions.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is probably the most common source of wrist pain . Symptoms may include soreness, numbness or tingling, or a burning sensation. Carpal tunnel is caused by compression in the median nerve of your hand. The compression causes swelling.
Carpal tunnel is more common among people who have repetitive wrist movements, such as sewing, painting, and writing; using a computer; and playing racquetball or handball. Diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy, and obesity have also been linked with carpal tunnel as well.
Other causes of wrist pain include:
- Arthritis (joint inflammation), including osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease).
- Bursitis (inflammation of the bursa, the small sac containing fluid that lies between tendons and bones).
- Fracture or other injury.
- Gout (a form of arthritis that occurs as a result of the build-up of uric acid in the body and the joint fluid).
- Muscle sprain or strain.
- Tendonitis (irritation of a muscle tendon, which is the rope-like muscle that attaches to the bone).