It is important that you understand your problem and why we are using the tools we are using to help you heal. The more you understand about your body and about what is not working that is causing you pain, the better you will be at keeping it from happening again.
We have provided some links to some great chiropractic, acupuncture and laser videos. Take a look at them, watch them with your friends and family. Refer to them as issues arise and let us know if you have any unanswered questions.
- Strong abdominal muscles may actually prevent you from incurring a back injury, since these muscles are so critical to maintaining your spine's position, as well as assisting you with lifting.
- Strong abdominals can also lower, minimize, or avoid back pain from excessive strains, help your body deal with sudden bouts of stress, and play an important role in healing after spine surgery or a debilitating back injury.
Here is a simple exercise for strengthening your abdominals:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and tilt your pelvis backward, pushing your lower back toward the floor.
- Hold 5 seconds, then relax.
- Do 20 repetitions.